Thursday, June 21, 2012

Smurfs!


Talk about an order taking me back!  I loved doing this smurf 6th birthday platter.  I can't believe the smurfs are popular again, it's so much fun.  I loved sitting in front of the TV on Saturday mornings with my dad and brother watching the cartoons and Smurfs were definitely one of my favorites.  My mom hated the voices, but they never seemed to bother me.  


My trick for characters is to make royal icing transfers.  I don't have (nor can I afford) a KopyKake projector, so I print the characters out and pipe the outline onto wax paper.  It doesn't give me much help with the details, but the outline is the crucial part anyway.  Then, I let the transfers dry, and while the flooded cookie is still wet (2-3 minutes dry time), I place the transfer on to the cookie.  This way it sinks in a bit and doesn't create an unpleasant crunchy top.  I mixed in some 6s, cupcakes, presents, and wish cookies to round out the platter.  Happy 6th Birthday Em!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!! Come back soon!