Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Basics


My favorite sister-in-law turned 25 last week and requested a plate of birthday cookies.  I'm always happy to oblige those requests, especially when I can just do whatever I like.  I went pretty basic on these cookies, but I think it's always a good idea to have a basic birthday/wedding/etc platter idea in your back pocket for last minute events.  My normal cookies take me about 4 hours to decorate 2 dozen (I'm a little slow, and a lot OCD about cookies), but I whipped up these 18 cookies start to finish in an hour, using leftover royal icing.  Add in a few hours drying time and you can make cookies in the morning for an evening party.  These are vanilla almond cookies with almond butter royal icing in purple, yellow, and black.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!! Come back soon!